Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rocks


I made it to Ton Sai beach!

It took two separate longtail boats to get here. The place is a paradise for climbers. The beach is completely surrounded by extremely high limestone cliffs with plentiful, sturdy hand holds and anchors built in at strategic points. There also seem to be islands off short to climb on as well. My climber friend would surely drool over this setting. Climbing on the beach at sunset, only steps away from beer and BBQ. The setting is magnificent. Too bad I don't climb ;)

Someone told me this is one of the top 10 climbing destinations in the world. I believe it.

This beach is quite a bit busier than Thong Nai Pan with a bit more night life as well. On my way to the beach, I met a new friend from Spain named German (pronounced: Hehr-mahn). His English is at just about the same level as my Spanish, so we have had daily and nightly language lessons for each other. Quite fun. Since he is on his way to Australia for a year, and since I am on my way to South America soon, this works out perfectly.

Probably on my way to the North of Thailand pretty soon. Maybe a day or so.. I think my skin is a crunchy golden brown by now. Time for a cool-off.

No comments: