Monday, January 7, 2008

Kazinski


Stopped for dinner on the bus around 1 am (?!), got back on, went back to sleep, and woke up in Surat Thani at 7am at a breakfast stop and a bus change. On that stop I met Paul from London who reinforced my desire to see Krabi beach.

From here a boat to Kho Pan-Ngon (2 hours) and then a taxi (40 min). On the boat, I met a gent from Manchester who was on his 7th trip to Thailand and the 2nd in the past 12 months. He tipped me off that Ko Phi Phi is indeed rebuilt after the tsunami, however it is now super pricey, so I may scratch that one from the plan. On the taxi/truck I met a nice German couple who gave me some tips on where to stop. I got dropped off in the jungle beach town of Thong Ni Pan Noi and wandered around with my pack until I found what I was looking for - a cheap bungalow right on the beach. 300b per night (yes! [$10]) but a communal bathroom and no hot water (ouch!). Also, the toilet is not "western style". This will be my first of these.

I am going to call this hut "The Kazinski". It has four walls but they are like swiss cheese, a decent sized bed with a sheet and pillows but no blankets, two windows with wooden covers that slide off, two shelves, a mosquito net and a broom. Oh and a gecko mummy that is stuck to the wall pretty hard.

Now, I chill.

No comments: